May 2017 M T W T F S S « Apr 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Yes, apply!!! twitter.com/diversecanlit/… 8 hours ago
- @debdundas @Rogers How awful. Sorry you're dealing with that. 8 hours ago
- Brilliance? Or jumping the shark? twitter.com/SharkWeek/stat… 11 hours ago
- RT @ChrisBlundell: Me: I'm gonna have a productive day today Also me: OMFG Cookie Monster has a British cousin called Biscuit Monster! htt… 12 hours ago
- It's true! Come work for us. All the kidlit yone person can handle! twitter.com/quillandquire/… 14 hours ago
Category Archives: Screen savvy
The perfect antidote to the nauseating annual media coverage of New Year’s fitness resolutions: hairpin.com’s Women Laughing Alone at Salad. Laughing won’t cost you any calories.
Sam Taylor-Wood is one of my favourite artists (her video Third Party, starring Marianne Faithfull, is on my all-time top 10 list), so I waited for Nowhere Boy, her John Lennon biopic with great anticipation. Unfortunately the buzz around this … Continue reading
If only it really was like this: Jacques Tati’s “Trafic.”
Kudos to MuchMusic for giving us non-CFL fans something to cheer about: the long-awaited, two-hour Behind the Music with Courtney Love. There are plenty of gems here (e.g. Trent Reznor’s not-so nine-inch nail), but the best line so far: “I … Continue reading
According to the Telegraph, bankruptcies are on the rise for divorced, middle-aged British women. To make matters worse, the media is referring to this group as “ladygloomers.” Such a lovely word for a horrible situation. It reminds me of Helena … Continue reading
This novel-writing month is almost over, thank god! Soon back to more fun things, like blogs. And drinking Stella. Video by hipster kings Wes Anderson and Roman Coppola, who are collaborating on the upcoming 1960s drama Moon Rise Kingdom.