February 2017 M T W T F S S « Apr 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
- I'd love to see the new @girlsHBO as a stage production so I can buy tickets for people who don't think there's a problem in the lit world 1 hour ago
- I'm following Shirley MacLaine to the next planet. #Oscars https://t.co/AUpsxKxF2c 1 day ago
- RT @vulture: She's here. #Oscars https://t.co/fLwqx2zUnd 1 day ago
- RT @rgay: Ok Jimmy 1 day ago
- RT @RememberThisPod: Joan Crawford receives her Academy Award for Best Actress for Mildred Pierce in her bed, 1946 https://t.co/gtWQj09GNf 1 day ago
Category Archives: Screen savvy
The perfect antidote to the nauseating annual media coverage of New Year’s fitness resolutions: hairpin.com’s Women Laughing Alone at Salad. Laughing won’t cost you any calories.
Sam Taylor-Wood is one of my favourite artists (her video Third Party, starring Marianne Faithfull, is on my all-time top 10 list), so I waited for Nowhere Boy, her John Lennon biopic with great anticipation. Unfortunately the buzz around this … Continue reading
If only it really was like this: Jacques Tati’s “Trafic.”
Kudos to MuchMusic for giving us non-CFL fans something to cheer about: the long-awaited, two-hour Behind the Music with Courtney Love. There are plenty of gems here (e.g. Trent Reznor’s not-so nine-inch nail), but the best line so far: “I … Continue reading
According to the Telegraph, bankruptcies are on the rise for divorced, middle-aged British women. To make matters worse, the media is referring to this group as “ladygloomers.” Such a lovely word for a horrible situation. It reminds me of Helena … Continue reading
This novel-writing month is almost over, thank god! Soon back to more fun things, like blogs. And drinking Stella. Video by hipster kings Wes Anderson and Roman Coppola, who are collaborating on the upcoming 1960s drama Moon Rise Kingdom.