In the 90s, Dr. Martens got its own tartan: the “Red McMartens Tarten.” Love it on the Tyree 8-Eye Boot, comforting like a big old crisp pile of leaves. If you’re looking for something a little more feminine, however, Veronica MacIsaac Apparel custom-designs gorgeous tartan pieces. MacIsaac–one of a handful of Halifax designers that are making strides outside the region–imports her tartans from the UK, and I can say after being so close to them on several runways, that they’re impeccably tailored, too.
- @heyfurqan @BWWNCanada @WritersofColor Hi, it is! Deadline is Friday. 15 hours ago
- Job alert! Just a few days left to apply for Q&Q's p/t associate editor position. twitter.com/quillandquire/… 17 hours ago
- RT @ccchikw: Sad news. twitter.com/musicgalleryTO… 1 day ago
- @65nicnac @70s_party I think the banana marketing board had a lot more clout in the 1970s. Family cookbook recipe f… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- One of my favourite stories by @ConanTobias twitter.com/rosajsaba/stat… 3 days ago