In the 90s, Dr. Martens got its own tartan: the “Red McMartens Tarten.” Love it on the Tyree 8-Eye Boot, comforting like a big old crisp pile of leaves. If you’re looking for something a little more feminine, however, Veronica MacIsaac Apparel custom-designs gorgeous tartan pieces. MacIsaac–one of a handful of Halifax designers that are making strides outside the region–imports her tartans from the UK, and I can say after being so close to them on several runways, that they’re impeccably tailored, too.
- @briantfrancis My mom taught me how to make corn husk dolls. Once I perfected those I was moved onto apple doll duty. 14 minutes ago
- RT @barbhowson: Celebrating the legacy of Sheila Barry at @AnotherStoryTO https://t.co/et5cSpNMwK 34 minutes ago
- I love this story @ByNickPatch. How octogenarian & nonagenarian authors are still producing meaningful work. Inspir… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- @iwashatruck @SimonSchusterCA @ScribnerBooks Exciting! Can't wait. 16 hours ago
- So this really boiled my bunny. @theglennclose is amazing. twitter.com/seaoakamazon/s… 1 day ago